Property Purchase Checklist
BUDGET AND FINANCE
- Are you aware of your maximum borrowing capacity?
- Do you have an excess line of credit to protect you against untoward and unforeseen circumstances arising?
- Are you aware of all upfront costs involved in the borrowing of money and the purchase of the property?
- Have you arranged a facility or do you have the liquidity to cover these costs as well as the deposit during the contract period as well as at settlement?
- Have you prepared a budget to determine available funds for loan repayment serviceability?
- Have you considered an increase in interest rates and its effect on cash-flow as well as whether fixed, variable or a “cocktail” loan is suitable?
- Have you worked out which type of loan is appropriate to your circumstances (i.e. principle and interest, interest only, low doc, no doc)?
- Have you organized appropriate insurance to protect your ability to service the loan or keep the property in the case of unforeseen circumstances arising?
- Do you have conditional finance approval before going to contract and are you aware of the importance of it being in place?
- If investing, have you prepared initial cash flow costings to ensure you are working within your budgetary constraints?
To download one of our free information documents we require some simple information from you. Simply complete the email form below and we will send you the document.